Try the political quiz

19.2k Replies

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...6yrs

@97XCYR7 answered…7 days

Yes in local elections but for a general elections it should only be for those premeditate right to remain

@97SV4GNLabour answered…2wks

they can vote in local elections and after five years they can vote in the general elections

@97QR8PK answered…2wks

Yes but only if they are here legally, have paid taxes for 5 years or more, and have no criminal records

@97Q6C4X answered…2wks

Yes, but only foreigners who pay taxes and have lived in the United Kingdom for over 5 years

@97Q4LT6from Quebec  answered…2wks

Yes, but only after completing the passport application form and getting accepted.

@97PQHBH answered…2wks

Yes but after changing to a British passport after five years of living in the UK.

@97MR69J answered…2wks

Yes but only after living here for an appropriate amount of time and work/have close ties to the country

@97LY4XY answered…2wks

If their living in the country permanently or for a period exceeding 3 years

@97LL6ZQLiberal Democrat answered…3wks

Yes furthermore the eu referendum was criminal for its disenfranchisement.

@9757P34 answered…3wks

@96ZG6NS answered…4wks

I think there is a need for the whole education system to encompass a citizen's charter, which should also apply to people who wish to live in this country. Once satisfactorily negotiated people will have earned the right to vote.

@96YBCZL answered…4wks

Yes, if they work and pay taxes. If they are residing in the UK for at least a year then they should vote.

@96T65VQ answered…1mo

Until you are a fully naturalised citizen you should not be able to vote. That being said those who have British citizenship, but live abroad should not be able to be excluded from voting.

@96RWH79 answered…1mo

@96RL9DZLiberal Democrat answered…1mo

Yes, so long as they have permanent leave to remain / reside in the UK

@96RC88V answered…1mo

@96RBLKF answered…1mo

@96Q83M5Labour answered…1mo

Anybody with British Citizenship (which has language requirements) - even if born abroad with foreign parents - should be able to vote.

@96N6CX5Conservative answered…1mo

yes, but only if they have settled in the UK and have contributed financially to society

@96HWLYG answered…1mo

Yes, but only in local elections until they have lived in the country for 5 years

@96HFKTR answered…1mo

Yes, but only if they are productive citizens and have lived in the country for 10 years

@96BN8R8Labour answered…2mos

Yes, but only after living and paying into the system for 3 years

@9675QTB answered…2mos

@966NDGWConservative answered…2mos

Only British Nationals other than British Protected People, certain Commonwealth Citizens, and the subjects/citizens of the other Realms of the Crown may be permitted to vote in Local Elections, only if they have been resident continuously in a single constituency for consecutive 5 years. Foreign Nationals who are resident in the UK may also attain this right under the same conditions, only requiring an additional 5 years for a total 10 years of continuous residence. Only British Nationals other than British Protected People may be permitted to vote in General Elections, unless convicted of High Treason, Sedition, or any other form of serious crime.

@964VTC7 answered…2mos

Yes, if they have the intent to live in the country long term (e.g. more than one year) as any political decisions will influence their life.


The historical activity of users engaging with this question.

Loading data...

Loading chart... 


Loading the political themes of users that engaged with this discussion

Loading data...